We’re looking to partner with you to do work that makes an impact
Two Ocean team members share a personal desire to help students find a path to the college education they deserve. People at Two Ocean are supportive, adaptive, data-curious, and focused on creating a positive environment to produce the best possible work.
Our location in vibrant Scott’s Addition is surrounded by some of Richmond’s most innovative restaurants and engaging social activities. We thrive on collaboration, celebrate our diverse backgrounds and interests, and produce a lot of great ideas that get results.
If you would like to contribute to the mission of improving the way colleges and universities connect with students, select the position that best fits your skills, or reach out to start a conversation.
We are actively meeting talented people who connect with our mission for these roles:
Digital Designer: The Role in Brief
College choice. It’s a big decision. Creating pathways of opportunity for high school students to find their college match is what we do. Two Ocean Education Partners is seeking bright, talented, and motivated individuals to join our creative team in serving colleges and universities across the country. You will be a critical contributor to a fast-growing, education technology and marketing company and will have the unique benefit of joining a mission-driven collaborative team of deeply experienced professionals on the ground level.
Digital designers at Two Ocean develop original work across a number of platforms, with an emphasis on digital and email marketing campaigns. Our work environment includes close collaboration with copywriters, strategists, producers, and campaign managers, as well as data scientists and analysts to help inform and support the messages we create. The content we develop is intended to communicate with a wide variety of college-bound audiences to deliver personal and impactful messaging that helps them make the best choice for them.
- Email marketing campaigns
- Landing page development
- Digital ads
- Print and in-home materials
Our focus is on creating and delivering the information that people need to feel comfortable about their college choices. This is an exciting time to use your skills to develop compelling and genuine designs that elevate the brand of the college to help people with a big life decision.
*Please be prepared to share a portfolio or relevant work samples.
- Design original creative assets for multi-channel digital and print campaigns for multiple clients
- Website Design
- Digital Ads
- Work across multiple digital platforms to create, share, and track the success of content
- Critically assess and optimize design assets at all times to create the best user experience
- Closely collaborate with department and agency leadership for strategy and direction
- Partner with other writers and designers on large-scale projects
- Perform QA checks to ensure work is client-facing
- Proactively contribute to the development and evolution of our products and services
- Consideration of user experience design best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or certification
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experienced designer in both digital and print formats
- A passion for serving clients and helping them achieve success
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team-oriented environment
- Critical thinker who is also curious and asks the next three questions to get to the optimal solution
- Impressive design skills with a desire to use design to connect and engage audiences in compelling ways
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to research and fact-check information to ensure accuracy.
- Innate desire to innovate relishes in being flexible and has the desire to grow and adapt daily.
- Strong time management skills
- Adept at Adobe Creative Suite
- Highly curious and thoughtful about the best user experience to drive meaningful outcomes
- Comfortable learning new platforms to develop creative concepts and designs
Why Two Ocean Education Partners?
At Two Ocean, we learn from and inspire one another every day. We roll up our sleeves together to tackle whatever it is that needs to get accomplished and help clients achieve their goals. While a shared passion for education unites us, it’s our sense of collaboration—both with our colleagues and our partners—that propels us forward. And we believe our flexible work philosophy and collaborative office space in Richmond’s Scott’s Addition neighborhood create the perfect laboratory.
Job Type: Full-time, on-site
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Two Ocean is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Interested in lending your talents to make an impact in the lives of students?
"*" indicates required fields